BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
People who bruise easily may wish to take "Arnica" tablets for 1 day prior to your appointment, continuing the tablets for another 5 days after getting your fillers. Arnica is a homeopathic treatment used to prevent bruising and is available for purchase over-the-counter.
Dermal fillers are performed using precise injections into the areas of the face that require treatment. Usually, no anesthetic is used because the treatment is not painful. However, depending on your preferences and the area of treatment, we may apply a topical numbing cream at your convenience.
If you plan to return to work or another activity straight from our clinic, you may wish to bring some makeup with you in case the injections leave any pinkness or redness on your skin. You can return to your normal routine immediately following your appointment.